Are You Flooded With Facts?
Floods are becoming a frequent problem in the UK, not only causing damage to properties but they can spread disease and pose a significant threat to life.
Here are a few flooding facts that you may or may not be aware of:
- One in Six properties in the UK are located in areas where there is a significant risk of flooding.
- The effects of flooding and managing flood risks can cost the UK around £2.2bn each year.
- Flooding can cost the economy up to £100,000 per hour per major road affected.
- 2.8 million UK properties are susceptible to surface water flooding.
- Since January 2019 1,135 homes have been flooded.
- Around 2.4 million UK properties are at risk from river and coastal flooding each year.
At Conveyancing Data Services we provide flood reports for residential and commercial properties. We have access to a variety of reports from multiple sources that provides us an accurate assessment on flood risks. Such as the history of flood events, different types of flood risks (coastal or river), surface water and groundwater flooding.