Deep In The Coal Mine
In late March 2019 it was confirmed that the first new deep coal mine in Whitehaven for decades has moved a step closer after councillors unanimously backed the plans.
The West Cumbria Mining Company wants to mine next to the site of the former colliery in Whitehaven that shut three decades ago.
- Much improved job market (500 new jobs)
- Increase property prices (due to higher employment rates)
- Higher disposable incomes, helping the local economy
- Destruction of landscapes and habitats
- Global Warming
- NIMBY's will not be happy
At Conveyancing Data Service we have a selection of products and reports to help you offer advice to your clients as to the location, suitability and security of their purchase. This report will help your clients decide how close they wish to live near any risk, such as this mine, if at all.