We offer both Private Water & Drainage Searches and Official CON29DW Drainage & Water Searches.
The Drainage & Water Report (CON29DW) is provided by the various local water companies in England and Wales. CON29DW reports reveal details of water and sewerage assets under and around properties allowing solicitors to determine if properties are properly serviced and to identify any liabilities that owners may incur.
The CON29DW report includes an extract from the public sewer map, a map of the waterworks, the location of any water meters, details of the water quality and answers the following questions:
- Does foul water from the property drain to a public sewer?
- Does surface water from the property drain to a public sewer?
- Are any sewers or lateral drains serving or which are proposed to serve the property the subject of an existing adoption agreement or an application for such an agreement?
- Does the public sewer map indicate any public sewer, disposal main or lateral drain within the boundaries of the property?
- Does the public sewer map indicate any public sewer within 30.48 metres (100 feet) of any buildings within the property?
- Has a sewerage undertaker approved or been consulted about any plans to erect a building or extension on the property over or in the vicinity of a public sewer, disposal main or drain?
- Is any water main or service pipe serving or which is proposed to serve the property the subject of an existing adoption agreement or an application for such an agreement?
- Who are the sewerage and water undertakers for the area?
- Is the property connected to the mains water supply?
- Are there any water mains, resource mains or discharge pipes within the boundaries of the property?
- What is the current basis for charging for sewerage and water services at the property?
- Is the surface water drainage charge payable?
- Is the dwelling-house which is or forms part of the property at risk of internal flooding due to overloaded public sewers?
- Is the property at risk of receiving low water pressure or flow?
Our Private Water & Drainage Search (PWD), is a more streamlined report than its official counterpart, answering the most pertinent questions to help make the purchase decision easier. For more information please Get in Touch.